Bella's Fashionlife

Bella's Fashionlife

23.10.2018

LIFE UPDATE + VIENNA

Hi everyone.
I know it's been a while, which you could maybe call a bit of an understatement. A lot has happened during the last year and a half that I've been away for from my blog. I graduated, and now I am an Artisan in interior and design as well as got really good marks from my matriculation-examination for my standards, as well as got into a school in Helsinki to study International Business. Now it's been over a year that I've been studying International business and it's been a good challenge on many parts, and time consuming. The last year just flew by, I also got a job this spring, at a company that I've always wanted to work for, but was only able to be there for four months, because guess what, I got the amazing possibility of going to exchange to my first choice, which was VIENNA.


I've been studying here in Vienna for almost two months now, and it has been amazing. Of course everything hasn't been all roses, but I think the good things definitely out way the negative once. I mean something that I think everyone that has been to Vienna can agree with is that the architecture is just breath taking. As a person who loves design and aesthetically pleasing this, this place is perfect, just walking around the city and looking at the buildings makes me happy. Another amazing thing is the view from my window, I couldn't have gotten a better apartment and view, it is just perfect. The weather has also been amazing, it is the end of October, and I can still walk around in my leather jacket without freezing to death.


Another reason why I chose Vienna, and in general Austria, as a place I wanted to go to was because of the language. I started studying German around a year ago, when I had to chose an extra language to study at school. I've always had difficulties with learning languages, and grammar has always been hard for me, even in my own native languages, so I knew it was going to be a challenge, but I was up for it. Now here I'm continuing studying German, but of course most importantly I'm able to use the language. Most people here speak very good English, and I can communicate with that, but I'm trying to use my German as much as I can, and the satisfaction you get when you've been able to converse a little with somebody totally in German, or understood a conversation in German, is incredible.


This year has been really good, and I feel like I grew a lot as well. This summer I also went to see Arctic Monkeys, one of my favorite bands, play at a festival called Flow Festival, in Helsinki. The experience was simply just amazing. I also had so much fun during that day in general, and the festival just made it a thousand times better.

I think that if you get the opportunity, and have the financial and physical possibility of going to study, or work in a different country, you should do it. It's a really good experience, where you'll meet new people, and create new and amazing memories, that you will remember for the rest of your life. I truly feel like some people that I've gotten the possibility to get to know here, are people that will stay in my life for a long time, or at least I hope they will. I also think that you get a certain appreciation for some things, for example, I will appreciate some things when I go back to Finland that I haven't thought about before, so basically giving me a new perspective on things, which is always a good thing. 


I've had a lot of school, so haven't been able to travel to other countries, like some of my classmates, but I will definitely do that when I get the chance, but according to my standards I've done a lot of things here. During my first day here I was able to visit the Film Festival, which was a cool experience, I especially loved the first short film, which made you deeply think about life. I've of course eaten a lot of great food, which you can see in the pictures below. I've also done a lot of parting with my new friends here, which has been really fun. I've done some shopping, not as much as I used to, but some just for fun, and some essential things. Then I went to Wiener Wiesn, which is the Oktoberfest, but here. The experience was really fun, and I got to experience something new from a different culture. Then I visited this winery, which was just at the outskirts of the city, where me and few others spent a really nice Sunday, tasting different wines, and tasting some good foods as well. My parents visited me last week, which was nice, we didn't do anything really touristy though, since they've been to Vienna before, so instead we just had a really nice and relaxing time. Me and my mum did go watch the musical ''I am from Austria'' which I liked a lot, it was a perfect mixture of laughter, romance and sorrow, I really recommend it. That's basically what I've been up to for the last two months here, in a nutshell, plus having school everyday. 


I don't think I drew a single interior design drawing during the last year, because after graduating I felt like I would never draw a single chair again, but suddenly being here inspired me to start drawing again, which has made me so happy. I haven't really thought about blogging either, since after a little while I stopped in the spring of 2017, but suddenly a few days ago, I just got the craving for writing, and now I'm just sitting in my bed, and the words are just flowing out on to the page, and it feels really good to be doing it again. 

Love, Bella

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti